Tuesday 28 January 2014

Making the best of you this new year

And so year 2014 is finally here and I am grateful to God from the dept of my heart. As I look back the year that just passed, I see so many goals and dreams that never became a reality and that makes me even more excited for this new year. 

I've never been so positive before about any year than I am for year 2014. All I  couldn't do, where I couldn't go, things I couldn't achieve all at my beck and call this year and with the special grace of the Almighty, I am so in control of this year and it is my wish for all my numerous readers world over to take charge and make the best out of year 2014 as well.
It could be difficult but we will pull through together with the following guide.

GET MORE CLOSER TO YOUR MAKER: 
 
The holy book says the secret of God is with those that know him for He shall show them His covenant and those that wait on Him, He will renew their strength. In whatever you do in 2014, acknowledge him and He shall direct your path.


SURROUND  YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE TALK AND PEOPLE: 
 
Negative self talk, put downs and disparaging remarks and one’s own expense does nothing more than lower self esteem and self worth. Stay as far as the north is to the East and South to the West from people who don’t value you or often times look down on you.

YOU ARE NOT A DULLARD: It is not about how the world sees you, the most important thing is how you see yourself. There can only be one person like you and that alone makes you different and unique from every other person. Identify your key skills and competence that will certainly give you an edge over other.

WHAT VERSION ARE YOU? 
 
Develop yourself into the best version of yourself because every other person is already taken. Books, courses, certification, voluntary works, networking, events, seminars or conferences can help sharpen your values in life. No matter how good you are, there is someone’s knowledge or expertise which you can leverage on for the furtherance of your goal. Find a mentor or success coach that you can turn to for advice or mentor.

MAKE A FLIGHT PLAN FOR THE YEAR: 

 Make a list of your goals for all the twelve months of the year and steps to achieve every one of them, of course, you back it up with prayers.

FINANCIAL BUDGET: Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Ensure you have a savings plan to prepare for the rainy day in event of pay cuts, downsizing/right sizing or redundancies.

CREATE TIME FOR YOURSELF: 
 
No matter your statues martially or professionally, let none of those rob you of your special moments with yourself. Pay attention to good grooming, your hair, face, teeth, your outfit and accessories. Create time for your love life, hang out with good friends and smile as much as you can, help those you can. Whatever strategy you develop for increasing your self esteem or self worth, just know you are truly the cake and everyone’s positive thought of you is the icing.

Enough said, please connect with me on fb@ http://www.facebook.com/lcycoco.
Follow me on twitter @ ElsyCoco

No comments:

Post a Comment